Nestled close to the junction of four countries – Namibia, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe – and near the meeting place of the mighty Zambezi and Chobe Rivers, Impalila Island Lodge is a water-bound wonderland. With over 100km of waterways to traverse, Impalila lies a mere 80km upriver from the Victoria Falls. Surrounded by rippling beds of pink-tinged water lilies,Impalila Island lodge lies protectively beneath the branches of a 700 year-old Baobab tree under which, it is said, David Livingstone camped. Eight luxury en-suite chalets all with river views echo the colours of Africa. Here lies promise of excitement by day; tranquillity by night. Light arching through long-stemmed wine glasses throws colour onto crisp linen. An attentive team produces culinary art, and mealtimes become a ritual of their own. Our seductive rivers invite you to explore further. Encounter Africa’s big game and birdlife by boat or challenge the legendary tigerfish on fly. Follow the island’s footpaths for an intriguing village visit and learn of the medicinal uses of the indigenous plant life.
Impalila Island Lodge features:
- Flyfishing for the world-class Tigerfish and other species
- Outstanding birding for 450+ species
- Superb game cruises on the Chobe River (Chobe National Park)
- Guided island walks – Birding and Botanical
- Cultural village visits
- Walk to the 2000-year old Baobab tree
- Relaxation and regeneration of the soul The rush of the Mambova Rapids casts a soft blanket of sound over Impalila Island Lodge.
From US $ 350.00 per person sharing per night incl. all meals, drinks and game acitivities
Children over 12 years welcome
Make a reservation to stay at the magnificent Impalila Island Lodge through Cape Diversity by clicking here.