Phinda Private Game Reserve is situated in the lush Maputaland region in northern KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Bordering the iSimangaliso/Greater St Lucia Wetland Park – a World Heritage Site – Phinda comprises 23 000 hectares (57 000 acres) of prime conservation land. Seven distinct habitats shelter an abundance of wildlife including Africa’s Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, black and white rhino, buffalo) and over 380 bird species, while the marine diversity off the nearby coast of Sodwana is said to rival the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. Guests can look forward to exciting game-drives in open 4×4 safari vehicles led by experienced rangers and Zulu trackers, as well as thrilling optional activities on the water, in the air and on the beach. Exhilarating Walking Safaris are accommodated in spacious en suite safari tents, offering an incredible up close and personal experience of Phinda’s pristine wilderness. Spend seven glorious days exploring the seven habitats of Phinda Private Game Reserve, with no less than 14 adventures to experience.
Sumptuous safari lodge: Set deep in the heart of the rare Dry Sand Forest, the spectacular stilted suites of this award-winning safari lodge are an exemplary exercise in building eco-sensitive structures with a light footprint.
- 16 spacious, hand-built glass-encased suites
- All with air-conditioning
- Private viewing decks
- Luxurious en suite bathrooms
- Sparkling rim-flow swimming pool
- Crafts gallery with a range of local Zulu artefacts Wake up to the sight of graceful nyala and duiker browsing in the foliage of the Sand Forest right outside the glass walls of your private suite. Inventively designed in what is often called "Zulu-Zen", each suite is a combination of glass, wood and minimalist design incorporating high-gloss wooden floors and crimson Zulu artefacts.
Delicious Pan-African cuisine is served to you on the deck overlooking the grassy plains or in the boma (outdoor dining area) illuminated by dozens of candles and lanterns. Enjoy adventurous breakfasts and romantic dinners in spectacular African safari locations.
Phinda’s exciting safaris: Twice-daily interpretive game-drives, nature walks, riverboat cruises and canoe trips along the Mzinene River are enjoyed at no additional cost. As Phinda is close to the Indian Ocean, several optional beach-related adventures are also on offer, from scuba diving and deep-sea fishing to spectacular air safaris.
From R 3,300. per person sharing per night, inclusive of all meals, drinks and game drives
children are welcome