Luxury Walking Adventure
3 x nights Ngala Tented Camp
- Three meals daily
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Teas and coffees
- Refreshments on game drives
- Scheduled safari activities
- Nature walks (1 hour) accompanied by experienced armed trackers, subject to availability
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Transfers to and from the airstrip.
Whether you wish to walk for a couple of hours a day or spend all day in the bush, we can create the ideal experience for you. Start out at the crack of dawn or begin the day after a leisurely lie-in, the choice is yours. Explore the wilderness on foot in the company of our expert rangers, taking the time to observe the small wonders of the bush, from spiders and ant lions to dung beetles. A surprise awaits along the way, as an al fresco lunch is set out in the shade of massive bushveld trees, followed by a peaceful siesta in a gently swinging hammock.
Why stay at Ngala Tented Camp:
- Situated in Ngala Private Game Reserve, which shares unfenced borders with the renowned Kruger National Park
- Exhilarating Big Five wildlife sightings, with night drives and walking safaris
- The romance of canvas combined with simple sophistication
An oversized bathtub awaits on a wooden platform, where gauze screens open up to the outside and give the effect of bathing in a giant leafy chamber. An outside shower invites and entices from the embrace of a thick stone screen. Caught between dense riverine forest and the sandy bed of the Timbavati River, extensive viewing decks give guests front row views of game wandering down to drink. A rim flow pool mimicks the contours of the river bed, inviting in for a refreshing dip. At night, when tales of the day’s adventure are shared and compared, a roaring fireplace springs to life. The stirring scents of Africa’s famous spices waft up from a meal shared in a spectacular setting – among islands or reeds in the dry Timbavati riverbed, beneath the canopy of massive trees or on our expansive deck.
Indulge in an up close and personal glimpse of the African bush on a thrilling walking safari through the dense bush of Ngala. Private, tailormade walking safaris for a maximum of just six guests provide exceptional encounters with the smaller inhabitants of the wild. Our professionally trained walking guides cater to guests' preferences and fitness levels to create an outstanding wilderness walking experience.