Rissington’s congenial, easy-going hosts ensure cheerful, attentive hospitality allowing guests total freedom to unwind and enjoy the peace of the bush, lie by the sunny pool or walk down the valley with its spectacular birds and game sightings. Rissington is the perfect balance of friendly, unobtrusive and personal service – everything you need and a little more than you expected. One kilometre through indigenous bush on a gravel road off the R40, just South of Hazyview. 10 minutes from the Kruger National Park and close to all the attractions of the Great Escarpment and Panorama Route. Golf, riding and a host of activities nearby.
The 16 individual rooms and suites are surrounded by 10 acres of extensive colourful gardens and offer comfortable, spacious and airy accommodation. All rooms have their own entrances and verandahs. Each has a private bathroom and the magnificent garden suites also offer outside showers. The rooms and the charming, thatched farmhouse are shaded by magnificent trees and have breathtaking views down the valley.
Outstanding breakfasts. Light meals, lunch and dinner in the à la carte restaurant, open 7 days a week. Extensive choices and superb food. The welcoming, friendly bar is fully licensed.
Recommended places to visit within one hour’s drive of Rissington Inn
- God’s Window – a stunning view from Highveld to Lowveld
- The Pinnacle – a stack on the edge of the escarpment
- Bourke’s Luck – fascinating rock forms at the confluence of the Blyde and Treur Rivers
- Blyde River Canyon – endless viewpoints over the third largest canyon in the world
- Lisbon, Berlin and Mac Mac Falls – impressive scenery and deep waterfalls
- Pilgrim’s Rest – restored Gold Rush mining town and home of Jock of the Bushveld.
- Hoedspruit Cheetah Breeding Project
- Shangana Cultural Village – festivals of song and dance
- Barberton – Sheba Mines and the first Stock Exchange
- Kruger National Park – the best in the world
- Kapama Lodge – for open vehicle night drives with spotlights
- Fanie Botha Trail and others – hiking through indigenous forest and plantations
- Sudwala and Echo Caves – the oldest in the country
- Lowveld Botanical Gardens – on the banks of the Crocodile River
- Moholoholo Animal and Bird Rehabilitation Centre
- Sabie River and Horseshoe Falls – trout-fishing for all capabilities
- Crocodile and Swadini Reptile Parks
- Farm Tours of banana, citrus, mango, coffee, macadamia and other enterprises
- History Tours and Museums of Anglo-Boer and Voortrekker history • Tsinini Silk Farm – silkworms at work
From R 470.00 per person sharing per night
Children are welcome