Ebony Lodge has a commanding presence and an essence that evokes an intense feeling of familiarity – as if visiting a congenial family home. Sumptuous coziness is simply the order of the day – tempting you into relaxation and reflection. The secluded thatched suites are the epitome of elegant comfort, with rooms styled with an eclectic mix of colours, fabrics and textures. A colonial feel with Egyptian linen, African throws, antiques and modern luxuries combine to create a homely, lived-in feel. From the vast wooden deck to the pool overlooking the Sand River, it’s not uncommon to see elephant, buffalo and antelope grazing only metres away at any time of day. Perhaps this is where the notion of an ‘armchair safari’ was perfected… Singita Ebony Lodge offers twelve suites, all with their own en suite bathroom and shower, outside shower, heated private swimming pool, double-sided fireplace, mini bar and fridge, room mini safe, air-conditioning, overhead fans, private lounge, direct dial telephones and game-viewing deck.
- 12 luxurious suites (24 beds). Two of the suites are double family suites.
- Each luxury air-conditioned suite consists of sumptuous bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, and an expansive living area with double-sided fireplace, mini bar and fridge and private wooden leisure decks with a heated private plunge pool. All the suites have direct dial telephones, and the library has two computers and direct internet links.
- The main lodge has lounge and timber deck dining areas overlooking the Sand River, a bar area and traditional open boma, gymnasium, health spa, library and wine cellar.
- Tariffs include all-suite accommodation, three meals per day, all drinks, including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs (excluding champagnes) and open Land Rover safaris accompanied by experienced guides and trackers.
- Children over 10 years old, sharing with 2 full paying adults, in a family suite, are accommodated at 50% of the rate. Children under 10 years old can be accommodated if the 2 family suites or the lodge are booked on an exclusive use basis. Singita
Ebony Lodge rates include:
- Twice daily game drives with professional guides and trackers
- Guided safari walks on request
- Mountain biking and archery.
- Luxurious all-suite accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, teas, coffees. All drinks, including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs (excluding champagnes)
Laundry & valet services Other available services at Ebony Lodge include:
- Community tours into neighbouring villages.
- Shopping – the Singita Shop stocks a range of African artifacts and curios.
- Premier Wine Boutique.
- A spa complete with a fully-equipped gym.
- A swimming pool at the main lodge.
- Internet and fax facilities, and a well-stocked library.
From R 10,900.00 per person sharing per night, incl. of all meals, drinks and game activities
Children over 12 welcome