Matemo Island is situated in the Quirimbas Archipelago, northern Mozambique. The island caters for a variety of guests: family holidays, fishing, diving and cultural enthusiasts.
- There are 24 Chalets: 12 Twin Beds; 12 Queen Size Double Beds, each with en-suite bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers, bathtub with a view and large Windows on Matemo Island.
- All chalets are within 10 metres of beach, with a large front verandah with Hammock, Chair / Loungers and Beach Towel Drying Rack. Each Matemo Island Chalet has air conditioning, mosquito screens, mini bar, satellite tv, tea-/coffee-making facilities, hair dryer & electronic safe
- 2 Chalets offer a private dining area (Chalet #1 & Chalet #2)
- Of the 24 Matemo Island Chalets, there are 2 units consisting of a Double and a Twin with a hallway link; Two chalets have a common verandah with another chalet
Matemo Island Facilities
- Jambo Restaurant – with inside and outside deck / verandah
- Karibu Bar / Lounge and Reception with Zanzibar Day Beds and reading areas
- Activities Centre & ZanziBar
- Swimming pool
- Watersports – Fishing, Diving, Snorkeling, Waterskiing, Hobie Cat, Sea Kayaks
- Sunset Cruises, Cultural Island Tours (Ibo Island excursion), Island Dhow Tours
- Volleyball and beach games, Various board games available at theMatemo Island Activities Centre and Main Bar
- Fly into Pemba International Airport with AIRLINK or LAM (Mozambique Airlines) and transfer to Matemo via light aircraft (transfer duration +/- 20 min)
- For any flights arriving in Pemba after 14h30, guests need to overnight in Pemba, and will be transferred to Matemo the following morning
- Due to the use of light aircraft for your island transfer, you are requested to limit your luggage to a MAXIMUM OF 15KG and to utilise SOFT LUGGAGE CARRIERS. Failure to do so may result in luggage arrival being delayed and / or incurring penalties PAYMENT
- Payments for extras made at the resort, can either be made by Credit Card; US$, EURO, ZAR cash or valid Travellers’ Cheques
- The resort accepts payment via MasterCard & Visa. A 3% fee is applicable for all credit card payments MALARIA Regular spraying programmes are in place at Matemo Island and all the rooms are equipped with mosquito-proof nets. We do, however, still recommend you to take precautionary measures before going into a malaria area.
Children are welcome, however, due to space constraints we can only accommodate one child under 12 years sharing with 2 adults per chalet (on a mattress) • We recommend families with children over 3 years of age request the inter-leading chalet.
From US $ 460.00 per person sharing per night, incl. of accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, bottled water in room, tea/coffee, non-motorised watersport activities/equipment and Marine Reserve Fees.
If you would like to stay on the beautiful Matemo Island you can book your holiday through Cape Diversity by clicking here.